Friday, June 01, 2007

Starbucks: This Ain't No Double-Double... (but it is kind of)

Salutations to all you perusers of web pages and surfers of cyberspace. I was just about to hit up the local Starbucks for my afternoon fix of human contact, when I remembered there are reasons, good reasons, for me to stop supporting this nasty chain of (third world blood sucking -contrived human relationship providing - give me some sugar so I can think)coffee providers!

Gawd. I dunno if I can do it folks - this may be my last chance at physical contact today - someone might actually brush my hand as they pass me my change! Better watch a movie about Ethiopian coffee farmers, maybe that'll help my morality kick in!



Too bad I don't have enough coin for a plane ticket... they seem like my kind of people over there in Ethiopia. Maybe I wouldn't have to dish out three dollars and something just to have a taste of contrived and cultured social interaction in Ethiopia. (3$ and something is what a grande coffee costs, with room for cream and two cinnamon straws on the side...) Mmmmm. Cinnamon staws...

Suddenly I feel very hungry! Maybe it'll help to listen to Alex Jones yap for ten minutes about what we already suspected about Starbucks... Yeah, yeah yeah, call it conspiracy theory if you like, but have you ever checked the mural out in the Starbucks in downtown Vancouver? Next time you walk into your local java joint, why don't you check the corporate art on the walls, and see how smart you feel as you sip on your over-priced latte while those that manipulate you, mock you with their corporate art in the very places you patronize, in the very places that you meet your friends and share intimate moments. While you connect and sip the blood of the third world, you are being mocked for not knowing, for being stupid. Anyone care for a cappucino?

No comments: